Nursing Home Negligence
  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Personal Injury
  4.  » Nursing Home Negligence

Protect Your Loved One Who Is In A Nursing Home

Nursing homes and assisted-living facilities are supposed to be safe environments for senior citizens: places where our elderly loved ones can spend their golden years in peace. Tragically, many people find that their parents or grandparents have suffered abuse or negligence in their care facility.

I can help you if you believe that your relative has experienced elder abuse. My law firm, The Law Office of Daryl G. Hawkins, LLC, represents senior citizens and the adult children of seniors who have suffered abuse or neglect. Together, we can hold the perpetrators accountable and seek compensation for you and your loved one’s damages.

Know The Signs Of Elder Abuse

Nursing home negligence is a form of medical negligence. Not all abuse is physical. It can also take the form of neglect, verbal abuse and financial abuse. These are some common signs of elder abuse to watch out for:

  • Bruises or lacerations
  • Bedsores
  • Unsanitary living conditions
  • Fear of staff members
  • Malnutrition or dehydration
  • Unexplained financial transactions

Proving the presence of abuse or neglect requires careful documentation and investigation. If you suspect the presence of medical negligence, I can help you gather the evidence that you need to build a persuasive case and put the heinous mistreatment of your loved one to an end.

What To Know About COVID-19 And Negligence

The coronavirus pandemic has shown that many care facilities in South Carolina have not taken adequate care to prevent the spread of COVID-19 among residents. If there has been an outbreak in your or your relative’s nursing home, you may have an actionable case for negligence.

Talk To A Negligence Attorney In A Free Consultation

At The Law Office of Daryl G. Hawkins, LLC, I provide free initial consultations. You can schedule an appointment to talk to me about your suspicions of elder abuse. To reach my office, call 803-594-8177 or send an email.